Rudy Giuliani’s License To Practice Law Suspended For Lying About Election Fraud
Rudy Giuliani’s license to practice law has been suspended by the New York Bar Disciplinary Grievance Committee for his repeated lies claiming election fraud. Per the court filing:
“we conclude that there is uncontroverted evidence that respondent communicated demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large in his capacity as lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump and the Trump campaign in connection with Trump’s failed effort at reelection in 2020. These false statements were made to improperly bolster respondent’s narrative that due to widespread voter fraud, victory in the 2020 United States presidential election was stolen from his client. We conclude that respondent’s conduct immediately threatens the public interest and warrants interim suspension from the practice of law.”
It’s worth reading if only to see what the court found Giuliani knowingly lied about. The knowing lies include:
- That more absentee ballots were cast in Pennsylvania than were sent out.
- That a case he was arguing in court was a fraud case when it was not.
- That large numbers of dead people voted in Pennsylvania.
- Statements claiming the hand recount of votes in Georgia was not valid.
- That 165,000 underage persons voted in Georgia.
- That more than 2,500 convicted felons voted illegally in Georgia.
- That 6,000 dead people voted in Georgia.
- That video showed ballots stored in “suitcases” were retrieved and counted illegally in Georgia after counting was supposed to have stopped.
- That more than 10,000 illegal aliens voted in Arizona. Giuliani later inflated that figure to 250,000.
All lies as determined by the court reviewing this.
For this interim suspension of his license, pending further hearings, the court was required to find that not suspending his license would be an immediate threat to the public. In this the court found that Giuliani’s continued dissemination of these lies, after the election and even in the pendency of this disciplinary action, persuasive.
“The risk that respondent will continue to engage in future misconduct while this disciplinary proceeding is pending is further borne out by his past, persistent and pervasive dissemination of these false statements in the media. This is not a situation where the uncontroverted misconduct consisted of only a few isolated incidents. Rather, each of the false statements identified and analyzed herein were made multiple times on multiple platforms, reaching countless members of the public. They continued after this motion was brought, and despite respondent facing imminent suspension from the practice of law.”
The filing then goes on to blame false statements such as Giuliani’s for tearing our nation apart, undermining our democracy and potentially contributing to the mob assault on our Capitol. He was once “America’s Mayor.” My how he has fallen.
Keep in mind that a criminal investigation of Giuliani is still pending.