The Trump Enemies List
On August 16, 2016 President Trump took the unprecedented action of revoking the security clearance of Former CIA Director John Brennan. What’s more, Trump is threatening to do the same for many more former high ranking intelligence officials including:
- James Clapper Jr., former director of national intelligence
- James Comey, former FBI director
- Michael Hayden, former director of the National Security Agency and former CIA director
- Andrew McCabe, former deputy FBI director
- Bruce Ohr, former associate deputy attorney general
- Susan Rice, former national security adviser
- Sally Yates, former deputy attorney general
Let’s review some statutes.
Witness Retaliation, 18 U.S.C. 1513(e)
Whoever knowingly, with the intent to retaliate, takes any action harmful to any person, including interference with the lawful employment or livelihood of any person, for providing to a law enforcement officer any truthful information relating to the commission or possible commission of any Federal offense, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.
Witness Tampering/Intimidation, 18 U.S.C. 1512
(b)Whoever knowingly uses intimidation, threatens, or corruptly persuades another person, or attempts to do so, or engages in misleading conduct toward another person, with intent to —
(1) influence, delay, or prevent the testimony of any person in an official proceeding;
(2) cause or induce any person to —
(A) withhold testimony, or withhold a record, document, or other object, from an official proceeding;
Obstruction of Justice, 18 U.S.C. 1503
Whoever corruptly, or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication, endeavors to influence, intimidate, or impede any grand or petit juror, or officer in or of any court of the United States, or officer who may be serving at any examination or other proceeding before any United States magistrate judge or other committing magistrate, in the discharge of his duty, . . . or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice, shall be punished as provided in subsection . . .
Now some key facts.
- Most, if not all, the people on Trump’s Enemies List are at least potential witnesses against Trump in Mueller’s investigation of potential Trump Campaign collusion with Russian meddling in the election.
- Trump himself connected this list, and his action against Brennan, to the Russia investigation saying, “I call it the rigged witch hunt, (it) is a sham. And these people led it! So I think it’s something that had to be done.”
- This includes Brennan himself, who has testified as to evidence linking the Trump Campaign to Russian meddling stating there were, “contacts and interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the Trump campaign.”
- On August 17, 2018 Trump stated that “very quickly” revoke the security clearance for Bruce Ohr. Ohr’s only connection is that his wife is employed by Fusion GPS which hired Christopher Steele who did the “Steele Dossier.” Trump blames Bruce Ohr for supposedly giving the Steele Dossier to the FBI. Ohr’s job requires a security clearance.
Decide for yourself if Trump is guilty of any of the offenses listed above.
“A Russia-gate Timeline.” https://medium.com/@KeithDB/a-russia-gate-timeline-2a7adcce7a67
“A Running Tab Of Mueller Investigation Convictions & Indictments.” https://medium.com/@KeithDB/a-running-tab-of-mueller-investigation-convictions-indictments-f518b9a72827
“Mueller’s Latest Indictments Come Closer to Trump Campaign Than Ever.” https://medium.com/@KeithDB/muellers-latest-indictments-come-closer-to-trump-campaign-than-ever-14182987bdcf